Monday, May 18, 2009

Let the practicing begin...


My husband was really excited to get his very own brand new instruments for school this last week. And NO it wasn't a part of his tuition that are are taking loans out for. This was totally separate. We knew it would have to happen eventually and they of course will be used for many many years to come.

Needless to say, he has felt that me and our poor cat Scout are now his guinea pigs to practice on. The great part about it was he let me look into his eye and it was the coolest thing ever. I got to see all the blood vessels behind the back of his eye. I didn't have the slightest clue what I was even looking at but it was still interesting. I am into those kinds of things, that is why I chose to be in the medical field.

Todd can't wait to become more familiar with his new instruments and to be able to be in the clinical aspect of school. We can't believe that he is already in the last quarter of his first year. His finals are only 3 weeks away, then he will get a nice summer break. I am very proud of my husband, he works so dang hard and it has shown through is grades and efforts.

6 comments:

Noelle said...

How'd he get Scout to hold still? I'm the guinea pig at our house!!

Rachelle said...

I need Todd to come home and check my eyes! I'm squinting all the time and walking around half blind. I can't even watch TV without asking, "what does that say? who is that?" Pathetic. I miss you both so dang much and hope all is well! Love you.

brit said...

ash, just a tip, if you don't draw the line now you'll be his guinea pig for the next three years! my chart officially says "non-compliant patient" at kyle's office. ha ha. anyway, hope all is well! optometrists rule! (and so do their wives!)

Knapp Time said...

How exciting for Todd. I had already read this post, but I am sitting here at work and I had a "I miss Ashley" moment so I had to visit your blog again. The pool won't be the same without you this summer.

Taunya and Ian said...

Ian tried many times to look in Lewis's eyes & mine. Lewis did a better job at holding still than I did! Just wait until he knows what he is looking at-you are in for it then!

Summer said...

tell Todd that he can look at my horrible eyes next time we see you guys. He might find them strangly interesting. Also, he can practice on my kids as well.