Sunday, August 9, 2009

Utah Trip

We had so much fun visiting our family and friends in Utah. Each day was fun filled and wonderful. Here I am with my mom and sister Jentry. They work at Borders along with my older sister Summer.
My dad is the greatest!!!
My nephew Hunter has grown up so fast, he is such a talker now and his personality is so funny.
Some of our great friends the Knapp's!!
We got plenty of laying out which made me extremely happy. Here we are laying out at one of our friends condo pool. It was a sweet set up, they had cabana's like this one that you could just chill under. We felt like we were living like royalty there.
My little sis Kelsey. She loves being a newly wed and being a wife to her hubby. She is becoming quite the cook and works really hard in school.
My nephew Brayden didn't' want to take this picture with me but managed to look at the camera still.
Cute niece McKinley wearing Aunt Ashley's sun glasses. She also has become quite a little talker and makes everyone laugh with all her questions.
These are my older sister Summer's kids. They have SO much energy it's nuts. Abbie loved that Uncle Todd played Mario Cart with her on the X Box while I got my hair done. We can't believe how fast our nieces and nephews have grown.
Todd and his sweet Grandma Christensen. We had some lunch with her and a nice visit.
We went to Sundance with Todd's family for the play "The Fantastic's." It was a fun atmosphere watching on the grass on blankets.
Todd's sister Shelly and I. She is the sweetest person you will ever meet.
This sweet thing is Sienna who belongs to Shelly (Todd's sister)
On to our wonderful lake Powell pictures. Here is the whole gang who met from all over the country to play and make memories at Powell. We love our friends and how close we all have stayed over the years.


Some of the girls getting some shade from the extreme heat.
I know this looks like a gay picture but it's funny. The guys were playing a game called "flys up" with a Frisbee and I made them get together for a picture and this is the end result.
Todd got excited with the sunscreen here. We all made sure we layered on the sunscreen almost hourly. The heat was in the 100's and we didn't' want to get burned.
On the boat going for a ride
We went to a fun sandy hill that we try to go to every time we are in Powell. The sand was extremely hot so I didn't make it to the top.
Doing what I love most at Powell.......wake boarding!!!!
Todd has become quite the wake boarder. He gets more air on his jumps than I do......I am a little chicken sometimes.

11 comments:

Laura said...

I miss you already:( I enjoyed our FLOATIE time the best! Todd looked at my eyes last night, it was really fun and interesting. I can't believe he knows so much and has only been in optometry school for a year.

I stole some Lake Powell pics, hope you don't mind, I was thinking of burning a cd of my pics and giving it to Todd before he leaves, if that doesn't work I'll email you.

It was so fun to hang, love ya smash:)

DeGrey Family said...

I didn't even know you were going to be in Utah. Looks like you had a fun filled trip. Maybe we can get together next time. Hey check out my families blog. I finally got one. I miss you.

Sarah Lunt said...

What a fun trip! Wish I could have seen your family too...they are so great! We miss you guys...come visit :)

Luvs,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

You guys are so tender! Love it! and yes that pic of all the guys in the lake DID look gay but it goes well with your dad's pink shirt ;) I have never seen Dave sport pink. You will have to tease him for me. I heart you

Sara said...

SO glad you had such a good time! But even more glad that you are home so we can hang out! You are the best!

Megan said...

So happy I got to run into you at Costco. Next time let us know when you're in town and we'll get all the girls together. Love you Ash.

Lacey said...

What a fun trip! Your right about Shelly too- she is such an amazing person! She was one of my favorite pen pals when I was a kid. It's no surprise she is so special- how could she not be with Aunt Jeanne as a mom!

Taunya and Ian said...

I am so jealous you got to go to Lake Powell! I am glad you had a good time & it worked out with your work!

Andersons "Stand Sure" said...

Hey cute people. The next time you are in Utah, let me know and I will walk down the street and get a hug. You both look great!
Love,
Aunt Laura Lee~

Noelle said...

Looks like SO much fun! I especially like the look of the wakeboarding on Lake Powell and lying out in that snazzy canopy bed. :) Glad you're back!

Knapp Time said...

So fun to see when you were here, too bad it was so short. I can't believe its been a whole year!