Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!!

I wanted to write a few quick thoughts about my mom Laura. Today is her 51st birthday and she looks like one of the kids. She is so amazing, talented, beautiful, and inspiring. My mom is my best friend and has always been an example to me. She may be small enough to fit under my armpit but she is one spunkie woman. I am so glad I am able to learn some of her amazing talents. For those of you that DO know my mom you know exactly what I am talking about. For those of you that DON'T know my mom you need to meet her. She makes Martha Stewart look like Mr. Rogers. Some of my favorite memories are of working on some kind of craft with her and my sisters. I miss all our shopping trips to Roberts, Rodworks, Target, Pier One, the mall, Tia Pan and more. Oh and I must not forget eating out at Costa Vita because it's one of my favorite resturants and I got her hooked to the pulled pork salads. (I can't wait to eat there when I go home in April for my sister's wedding.)

Mom I just wanted you to know how much I love and appreciate having you as my mom. Thanks for always being there for me, for your support, and for teaching me so much through out my life. You have always been there for me. May this be a wonderful birthday for you.

Love you MOM!!

2 comments:

Jentry said...

Thaat made my nose twitch.

nanalaura said...

I love and miss you to.... thanks for the sweet note and the little package you sent me... Summer loved the necklace and said that you can send one just like it for her birthday....loved it... thanks again and hang in there.