Thursday, October 9, 2008

$2.88 a Gallon for GAS???


I had to post the highlight of my day. On my way home from work I always look at the price of gas at Sam's Club close to our house because that is were we get our gas and it always seems to have the best deal around. Luckily, it has been going down over the last few weeks. I was SO surprised to see that today was the lowest I have seen it in a long time. Only $2.88 a gallon!! I was tempted to fill up my car even though I had only used a 1/4 of tank. I just didn't want to pass up this opportunity of getting a sweet deal. I should have taken a picture of the price so I could prove to everyone how amazing it was. Who knows what the gas is like back at home in Utah but I am so stoked about it here in Ohio. I commute to work now and that has been very different from my 5 minute drive to work at my previous job. It has it's pro's and con's for sure. The con's are: rush hour traffic, wrecks, and stupid drivers, high gas prices(not for now). The pro's are: I get that 15-25 minutes to just unwind and think about life or nothing at all, I take that chance to call family and friends to talk to, I get to enjoy the beauty of Ohio's sunrises through the fog or the gorgeous fall leaves changing in the trees. I think the best part of it all is that it has made me more patient on the roads. If you know me I can get road rage sometimes when I want to get some where and QUICK. So this may be a lesson for me to learn and I feel like I have done very well if I don't say so myself.

My point to all this is I hope gas prices will stay this way and or maybe go down even more. I sure hope that the economy gets better soon. So many people are suffering because of it.

1 comment:

Dustin and Cori said...

Dustin wants to say "YOU STINK - THATS NOT FAIR" That is awesome!!
We love you!
Dustin, Cori, and little Mckinley