Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yummy Apple Crisp


I just made this apple crisp for our dessert tonight and it turned out way yummy. I thought that I may as well post it because I am always looking for new tasty dishes. It's simple too!!

Ingredients:

4 medium tart apples sliced (about 4 cups)
2/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. oats
1/3 c. butter (softened)
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. nutmeg

Directions:
Grease or spray bottom of a square pan (or I use an oval shape pan.)
Arrange apples in pan. Mix remaining ingredients and sprinkle over apples.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown & apples are tender.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

This is a perfect recipe for this time of year. I sure miss my grandpa's tasty apples in his orchard this year. He always had so many he made sure everyone got some and trust me they are VERY tasty.

I also had a few requests for Todd's favorite ice cream cake called "Cocoa Freeze Mint." But as I said before it's a family recipe and Todd really doesn't want me to give it out. Sorry for those that really wanted it. I feel so lame not being able to share the love of ice cream to everyone.

4 comments:

Mishlers said...

Smashly that apple crisp looks delicious! I wanted to say thank you for the birthday card, you are such a sweetie!

Laura said...

Oh how YUMMY that looks! This is one of my favorite desserts. Thanks SMASH

Sara said...

Looks so good! Brandon loves apple crisp! I will have to try this recipe!!

Summer said...

I don't want to make it right now, I just want to eat it right now!