Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Wonderful Experience....

I had such a neat experience this week that I wanted to share. Our ward has been focusing on a mission plan where all the members are challenged to spread the gospel to our non member neighbors, friends, co-workers, etc. This has been a great experience for me personally because being born and raised in Orem, Utah I hardly ever had non-member friends. So being outside my bubble living here in Ohio I have many chances to share the gospel with many people I am in contact every day. So with this challenge, I have been praying to find those individuals whom I can share the the gospel. This week while at work I was talking with one of our patients about where I am from and she got all excited and said that she LOVES listening to the Mormon Tabernacle choir every weekend. I of course lit up and began to talk about it more with her. She is a very pleasant older woman that is baptist and said she listens to all of the religions. So with that opening I took my chance to ask if I could send the missionaries to visit her. She said yes and I got all her information. I couldn't believe it, I had acutally had myself my first missionary experience in 29 years!!! I was so happy that I was able to give our ward missionaries my first referrel ever. This was such a neat experience for me and I am excited to share this message more with others out there. The gospel is not to be taken lightly and I challenge all of you to put yourself out there and talk with any non members you know because you never know when someone will be interested.

5 comments:

Sarah Lunt said...

Wow Ashley! I am SO proud of you. That is amazing. It can be so hard to do but wow, you did it! I'm TOTALLY inspired now.
Love you girl,
Sarah

Noelle said...

That is so exciting! Way to go Ashley. I am also inspired by you.

Katie said...

Yeah Ash!! I know what you mean- we have had some awesome missionary experiences here in TX. Thanks for sharing!!!

Vicki said...

Awesome Ashley!!!! Can I use this in my lesson on Sunday? It is about missionary work. I was so glad I read this. YOu are inspiring. Vicki

ANGELA said...

Good for you! That is so awesome and I am glad that you were brave enough to do it! I need to be more willing to share the Gospel.