Sunday, February 1, 2009

A fresh new look

This week brought us some interesting weather which kept us home from school and work on Wednesday. We got snowed in which made me extremely happy because that meant I got a day off of work. The first thing that popped in my mind after we got to sleep in was to start painting. I wanted to keep in neutral so I went with a darker beige. We love how it turned out. Our next project will be Todd's office and the upstairs bathroom.


I did get to finish my curtains and got them hung up also. Finally our family room is finished.......for now that is.
Todd and I have become pretty good painters.
Here are some pictures of the freezing weather that kept us in our house this last week. Todd's poor car was frozen shut. I have never seen such a build up of ice all over the roads and cars. We had to chip away at Todd's car to get his car door open so we could start it up and get it thawed. We worked on that car for at least 30-40 minutes. We had to get some pictures to show our family and friends back at home to see how insane Ohio's weather can be.
PURE ICE!!!!
On another note here are a few of our friends who are also Optometry students at OSU. The far left is Brandon and Sara Hicks. Then next to them is Ian and Taunya Whipple. We were celebrating Taunya's birthday.

13 comments:

Joni said...

Ashley the paint job looks great! Did you do it all in one day? Rocky and I were laughing at the birthday picture. Looks like fun.

Sara said...

Your paint job turned out awesome & I love the curtains! Way to go you crafty girl! That last picture is hilarious...we look like goofs don't we. That was fun!!!

Mishlers said...

Of course it turned out beautifully! You are so talented in teh whole decorating area! And my dear friend, happy late birthday! I'm glad to hear that all is well out east! :)

Knapp Time said...

I love the new paint color, it looks really good. How fun. I do not envy those ice storms. We will definitly have to visit in the summer! Thanks for calling last night, it was fun to talk to you.

Trent and Steph said...

Your place turned out really cute. I have a random question...did the girl Taunya in your picture work at Kiddie Kandids a long time ago? She looks like a girl me, Heather, and Shag used to work with. Anyway, you are so talented with the whole decorating thing.

Laura said...

That looks so good! Your amazing with decorating. Glad all that crazy weather paid off.

Lacey said...

I love your paint choice! And I love when people post their finished projects because it gets my wheels turning. We have those awful blinds on our sliding door in our family room too. I hate them and want to take them down, but since we are renting this year, I have no place to put them. The idea of covering them with curtains like you did is awesome! I'll definitely have to do that! Your house looks great!

Taunya and Ian said...

Good Job! Your painting job looks great! Looking at those wintery photos makes me depressed I want summer here now! Thanks again for the fun b-day party!

Vicki said...

Your home is so cute!!! I love the paint color and all the cute things on your walls. You did a great job on the curtains. You've done a great job!! What a talented duo you two are! And I'll stop complaining about our cold winter.. that ice was unbelievable!! Vicki

Sarah Lunt said...

I'm so impressed! It looks great, love the color!

Summer said...

Ash, I love the color of paint! I also love how your home looks so cozy. I wish I could see it in person. I am also amazed at the whole "ice" thing. That had to suck!

Jentry said...

Good job Joe and todd. Looks really nice and cozy.

Allyson said...

LOVE the paint!! Good work! Shopping was a blast...have to do it more often.:) You know I'm always up for it!