Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's that time again.....

What a better way to start the new year off then to run another half marathon. Except this time this will be my first half marathon in Columbus, Ohio and my 3rd half marathon total. The race is on the 2nd of May so it's only about 3 months away. I have a few friends from my ward that wanted to run one together so it will be fun to train together. The weather is pretty crappy right now so we can't run outside for another month or two which stinks because I love running outside ten times better than I do on a treadmill at the gym. Luckily there is a cardio cinema in the gym I go to so I can hopefully just watch a whole movie to keep me distracted while running on the treadmill. I had better get into training mode and get more miles under my feet.

8 comments:

Sara said...

You are amazing!!! Way to go running your 3rd 1/2 marathon! I am very impressed!

Lacey said...

Good luck. Christopher is a huge runner and has gotten up to 11 mile runs. He runs every night. Crazy if you ask me. We use to run together but the most I ever did was 5 miles. Then we had kids. ;)

Mindy said...

I'm glad to see you are still running. I don't understand it myself... but I'm glad you enjoy it.

B Family said...

HOORAY! Let the training begin!

Anonymous said...

i wish i could join you! good luck and i love you

Taunya and Ian said...

Aaaah! I can't believe I am doing this! It will be a lot better & more fun with other people running it! Thanks for getting me to do it (well I say thanks now, we'll wait for the day of the race)!

Britni said...

That's awesome! I told Allyson I'd be at the finish line cheering you guys on...maybe next year I'll join in on the fun!

Heather Ballard said...

How fun. I'm planning on doing some half marathon's this year as well. Some day I'd like to say that I did a marathon but only one. I think half marathon's are a little more fun. I also did a mini tri-athlon the other day being 8 mths. pregnant and it made me want to start training again.