Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What the HAY!!!! I can't be 29!!!

Here I am thinking to myself, "where did the years go and how am I already 29?" I swear I was just 20 years old enjoying the life of being graduated from High School with not too many worries. Now here I am getting closer and closer to 30 and I am freaking out. I do have to say that I don't feel a year older and I sure don't look my age so I have to be grateful for that. I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to blow out all my candles but I did just fine except for one candle....and my brother stepped in to help me out. Thanks Dustin. I hope that next year I won't need your help. I need a bigger lung capacity I guess.

So my adorable little sister Kelsey got engaged over the Christmas break and all my sisters, mom, and I went to look at wedding dresses with her while I was in town. We are so excited for her and can't believe that our baby sister is really getting hitched. She seems so young even though she is 21. I guess it's always hard when the baby of the family gets married. She is getting married to her fiance Lance on April 6th, so only 3 months away!!! I am of course flying home for the wedding by myself because Todd can't miss any school. I am crossing my fingers my work will let me off for only a few days for this special occasion. I feel bad for asking for more time off since I just had 2 full weeks back in Utah. Oh well, this is my sister's wedding and I will be there no matter what!!!!
My cute sister in law Jill got her endowments out in the Timpanagos Temple while we were out for the break. It was so neat to have all of Todd's family in the session together. We are very proud of her to be serving a mission. She will be such an amazing Sister Missionary in the Thailand, Bangkok Mission.

Todd with his 92 year old sweet Grandma Christensen on Christmas Eve.
Jill and I in our brand new pj's. Hot pink is such a fun girl color.
Christmas morning we ate breakfast with my family at my dad's house. It was nice to be together for the holidays.
My cute "short" mommy!! I just love her to pieces, I had so much fun hanging out with her.
My sweet dad who is always a kid at heart. He may be getting a few gray hairs but don't let that fool you he is spunky as ever and still keeps me working hard when we are on the ski slopes together.
Dad and all his girls.
This is my cute new nephew on my side. My sister Jentry had her second little baby boy in October and named him Brayden. He is such a fun addition to the family.
Todd's older sister had her first baby girl a few months ago also and they named her Sienna which fits her perfectly. I made her that cute head band with the flower. I can't help it if girls are so fun to accessorize!!!
Todd's older brother's wife had her first baby boy after three girls a few months ago also. His name is Samuel. We had so much fun having THREE new babies added into our families. I loved all the snuggle time I had with each of them. Next time I see them they will have changed so much.
Poor Scout, we left him back in Ohio for 2 weeks all by himself. We had a friend in our ward stop by to feed him and to bring in our mail which was so nice of her. Thanks again Joni. Scout was so happy to see us after that long time. He has been attached to my side since we got home. He is a good sport.
Just a glimpse of some Christmas decorations at our condo. I didn't put up that much since we were going to be gone for a lot of December but I had to have some up because I LOVE Christmas time!!!
Ohio gets snow here and there but not like Utah. I had to get a picture of us enjoying one of the first snow falls here.

13 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

Happy Birthday Yesterday!!! Hope you had a great one!

Laura said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love you so much Ash, thanks for being such a great friend. You definitely don't look like your 29! Way to go girl, I hope you had a wonderful day. I was so happy to see you. Can't wait for the next time you come to visit:)

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday!! I decided that one consolation about getting older is that everyone else gets older too. Maybe we'll form a turning 30 support group. No wonder we never got together while you were here, you guys stayed busy!

Mindy said...

Thanks for the update Ash! it was so great to see you, but it made me miss being able to talk to you even more!! You are a great friend! I love the pics, and I am so glad you will be back here in April!

brit said...

Happy b-day, ash! hope optometry school is going okay. enjoy it! it goes so quickly! miss you!

Sara said...

Hope your birthday was fabulous!!! Are we going to get together this weekend or what!

Clint and Kristen Family said...

Okay, so I am a little over a year older than you, but I seriously thought that you were 4 or 5 years younger! Snotty!

Allyson said...

Oh my gosh. I thought your b-day was the 12th and I was just going to write "do you wanna go to ice cream some time this week to celebrate your birthday?" well, Do you wanna go to ice cream some time soon? To celebrate your belated birthday??? (and you were so sweet to remember mine) sorry!! Looks like you had an awesome Christmas!!

kiki comin said...

happy late birthday, ashley! hope it was divine!

ANGELA said...

I lvoe all the pictures. I looks like you guys had so much fun while you where home. If I have another baby girl, I am going to have to have you make me some bows. I love them on their tiny little heads! So CUTE!

ANGELA said...

Happy birthday too! Duh!

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday! You definitely don't look 29!!! Don't worry...30 is not as bad as it sounds. :-)

Anonymous said...

You are so so cute. It was great seeing you over Christmas. I really miss you! Happy Birthday and you look as Beautiful as ever at the great age of 29.