Sunday, March 7, 2010


I feel terrible that I never officially announced on our blog that Todd applied for an Air Force scholarship back in November and we found out about a month ago that he got it!!!

So what this means is that they will pay for the last two years of Todd's school tuition, which includes his books, and give us a monthly stipend to live on. Then once he graduates from Optometry school in 2012 he will then work as an Optometrist for the Air Force for the following 3 years. We don't know where we will be living but it will be an adventure for sure. I am grateful that we won't be in over our heads with school loans by the time he is finished......thanks to the Air Force's help. We will only have half the debt to pay off which is nice.

Todd will go into the Air Force as an officer which already sounds super official to me. I am very proud of all his hard work. He will make a great Optometrist one day.

3 comments:

Taunya and Ian said...

Congrats again Todd! Your interesting obstacle course that you had to do was worth it!

Knapp Time said...

Yea for Todd!! That is awesome, we knew he would get in. I didn't crave anything when I was pregnant, I just HAD to have pizza sometimes. :) But that burger does look great...mmmm Burger Supreme for dinner tonight?

Perry's said...

Congrats again that is so exciting. Especially to know you will not have as much debt either - wahoo!! Bring on the boot camp!!