Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend Fun

We had such a fun and eventful Thanksgiving weekend. Todd's little sister Jill flew out from Utah to be with us for 4 days. We got the chance to go to the Jefferson outlets which was of course FUN!! We shopped for about 4 hours and froze our butts off but we got some sweet deals. I will for sure be going back there again soon. Anyone is welcome to tag along.
Here is my sister-in-law Jill pointing to the map of where she will be serving her mission in March. She got called to the Thailand, Bangkok mission which sounds pretty sweet to us. She is nervous about learning to speak Thai but she will do great.
We went to the Columbus Zoo one afternoon and evening to see all the animals and the amazing Wildlights show. They do an amazing Christmas light show there every year and we were told it was worth going to. They were right, the lights were so amazing throughout the entire zoo.
Just a small piece of the lights we saw, sorry it's a little blury.
All us at the zoo watching one of the light shows they do with Christmas music.
Todd took us on a tour of his school since I hadn't been inside yet. I am so proud of all his hard work.
We have an amazing walking path through out our townhome area, the trees are so plush when they haven't fallen off. I will get better pictures in the spring.
I did it!! I successfully made my very first Thanksgiving dinner. It turned out so good and we ate up every bit of it. Of course not in the same day but the leftovers were gone by day two!! Todd's sister Jill was such a wonderful helper, she was a life saver. We all had just gotten back from the gym and had to shower quickly because the turkey was already cooked and we had nothing else prepared. Hence the fact that I still have wet hair and no make up on. Oh well, it was worth it!!!
Todd had to sample the turkey to make sure it was good, and it was!!
Okay so you have to give me a break, this part was rather gross to me. I had to wear latex gloves because the thought of digging for the head was not exciting to me. I was laughing so hard but I got it out and was grateful for the gloves. I am sure over the years I will get over that and just dig in without gloves but for now I was happy to have them.
Jill and I.
Todd and I on Thanksgiving day.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Ash I am super proud of you for doing an entire thanksgiving dinner! I couldn't imagine myself trying to pull that off! I had to bring pie to our dinner and I didn't even dare make it, I ordered it from Kneader:) LOL!

Great job, and I really like the pic of you and Todd on Turkey day, you look way cute in purple.

Anonymous said...

How cool that Jill got to come visit you!!! And good job on the dinner! It totally looks yummy! :-)

Jillian said...

way to go ashley! I am turning it over to you. Next year come cook it at my house! Thanks for feeding Todd and Jill. Can't wait for Christmas- love ya Jeanne.

ASHLEY! I love the pictures. I still want some of the other fun ones we took. I'll get them from you when you come out here. Can't wait to play again. XOXO- make sure scout gets some loves from me so he remembers me. Jillian

Dustin and Cori said...

You guys look like you are doing so good!!! Your dinner looks yummy - LOve ya

Taunya and Ian said...

I am impressed with your turkey dinner-good job!

Sarah said...

What a fun time!!

Nice job on the feast! YOU ROCK!

Jentry said...

Joe I love the pictures, it made me miss you so much. I'm glad you had a great thanksgiving. Will see you soon....Santa Baby!!!
And you can see Brayden's announcment on the fridge yeah.

Wendy said...

Nice work Ash! Everything looks delicious! It sounds like you had a great holiday. No worries bout the gloves, I have been making Tom-the-Turks for going on 12 years now and I use them EVERY time!! Love you, miss you! xoxo

ANGELA said...

Cute pictures! You are such a good homemaker. I wish I could cook, but it is not one of my talents! Are you guys coming to Utah for Christmas? Maybe we could do a girls thing if you do!