Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I am Employed again....

I got a JOB!!! Yes you heard right, I am officially employed at the Ohio State University Hospital. I will work in the Cardiology department working for one Cardiologist. It will be nice to work with just one doctor for now until they hire on one to two more cardiologists. They are working on hiring them hopefully around Christmas time. There are 3 other medical assistants besides myself and they hired another medical assistant besides myself. Making a grand total of 5 medical assistants, one cardiologist, two physician's assistants, and the secretaries of course.

This is the job that I really wanted out of the two I interviewed with. I was impressed with the doctor, the office manager, and the other staff. I had the chance to work for a few hours to get a feel for the office. They wanted to make sure it was a place I would enjoy working at and see how well I fit in with the rest of the staff. My first day is September 8th. I have to admit I have REALLY loved having a month off of work to get all settled and to be able to hang out with Todd before he gets swamped with school and I get back to work full time. He is getting anxious and wants to start soon. I think it's the anticipation of getting into the program and getting through the next 4 years. Luckily his classes range to be only about 3 full months in a quarter. He gets 3 weeks off for the Christmas holiday before he starts up again in January. Here is to all the working women out there who are putting their husband's through school!!! You know who you are!!!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Ashley & Todd ~ Well, reading your blog has definitely brought back memories/feelings when Sam and I first left Utah for our 'adventure'. It is a bit scary, but fun and exciting nonetheless! Your new house is darling! Congrats on the new job! Sounds awesome~ good luck! Yeah, putting the hubby through school will pay off eventually. It's nice that I have my 'dream job' now ;) and can be home with the kids.

Sarah said...

CONGRATS!!! YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!:)

Wendy said...

Congrats Ash! They are so lucky to have you, they have no idea!! Miss you! xoxo