Thursday, May 8, 2008

I finally did it!

I am happy to say that on Tuesday night I swam the full half mile in the pool with out stopping. I had a goal to go as far as I could and it just felt good so I kept on going. It brought up my confidence so much when I was done. I even finished in under 18 minutes too. So I am feeling more hopeful to doing this triathlon. It's a month away from yesterday which is coming pretty quick. I have to say, that swimming is a whole different type of cardio that whips you into shape. I have been use to all the running and biking since that is all I have done so it's been nice to take myself out of my comfort zone. Anyway, enough rambling on about nonsense.

4 comments:

Scott and Megan said...

way to go ash..i admire you like nothin else...wow i don't think i could swim a lap! you rock...way to set a goal and achieve it! my hero!

The Thompson Family said...

Oh my gosh I am so jealous of you...Sarah and I have been going now for 2 weeks and it seems pretty impossible to swim a half mile without stopping. I am very impressed that you are able to do it with a whole month left. You are awesome!!!

Sarah Lunt said...

I'm so impressed! You are the woman!

Sarah said...

Nice job Ash!!! Yes, i have to agree with Alisha it does seem pretty impossible to swim that far at this point...but we are getting stronger and are starting swim lessons today actually! YOU ROCK, i can't wait to hear how it goes!!