Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Big Day!!

Am I really ready to do this? Man the water was freezing, good thing we had wet suits on.
Here we are before the race started. Me, my friend April Knapp, and my sister Kelsey!! The weather was very cold and rained for the first 2 hours. The sad thing about the rain was it cancelled the bike part of the race. We were all so upset, we had all trained hard so that was a disappointment. But we still did the swim and run which turned out good anyway.

The run was the big finish.
Here I am with Kelsey. We were happy to be finished and ready for another one.
My cute friend from work Sue Spencer lives in Salem and we ran right past her house in the race. She made a cute sign for me. She is so nice.

7 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

I can't believe you did it!!!! You are awesome. How was the swim, I am so scared for that part, it looks like you didn't drowned so that is all I care about..lol. You are a tough girl.

Sarah said...

Yes you are tough as nails! That sucks that the bike portion was cancelled! Oh well, looks like you guys had a great time, can't wait to talk to you and get details, i am nervous about the swim too....and doing all three one after the other. I hope my body can handle it!! Nice Job:)

Heather Ballard said...

Way to go Ashley. Now wasn't that so much better than the 60 mile bike ride? I thought about you yesterday morning when I woke up to the raining weather. Too bad it wasn't the swim that you could skip instead of the bike ride huh? Good thing you had wet suits. One of my favorite triathlons is the Jordanelle and it is in August. You may be moved by then but I think I'm gonna do that one this year before I'm pregnant or too far along being pregnant.

Heather Ballard said...

I have a question is April married to a guy named Clint Knapp?

Sarah Lunt said...

You are so awesome! I can't believe that your race already came and went...for some reason I thought it was at the end of summer. Looks like you had a great time, too bad about the bike part though. Give me a call sometime, I want to hear what's up w/ the condo situation.
Congrats!

brit said...

go ashley go! too bad they cancelled the bike section. that's the best part :) maybe they'll have some awesome tri's in ohio.

Scott and Megan said...

I am so dang proud i can hardly stand it. ok, that sign from Sue is adorable!!! LOVE IT and is she selling her house? Just where does she think she is going? I'm so impressed with you making a goal and accomplishing it! Love you so, so much...what is the countdown until you leave??? sniff sniff we have to have one more girl's night before you go:(