Sunday, June 29, 2008

My friend Diego....

Here is me and my amazing friend Diego. I met Diego way back in high school my senior year. I was his peer tutor for a semester. But we became such good friends and have kept in touch for the past 10 years. Yesterday was his 30th birthday and every year I go to his party and it's fun to be able to sit and talk to him. He calls me once a week and writes emails or sends letters to keep in touch. He has to be one of the most amazing people I have ever met. He has the biggest heart and loves so many. If you remember him from high school or ever met him you know exactly what I am talking about.
Diego has an amazing artistic ability. He has drawn me many pictures and continues to paint and keep up with his talent taking many art classes since we were in high school. He even got a book published this year and I was able too look at all his wonderful works of art.I am so grateful to have him as a close friend in my life. He is always happy which brings a smile to my face every time I talk to him. If only there were more people out there like him. Thanks Diego for being such a wonderful person.

5 comments:

Summer said...

I love Diego! I remember all the phone calls for all of us and all the fun conversations about his birthday (usually 6-11 months away!). I am glad that you still keep in touch.

Christa said...

It's Diego! I can't believe that you have kept in contact with him for so long. I have some fun memories of him from high school! He makes me smile!

Katie said...

Ash- I had no idea you still kept in contact with hime. That is awesome! When are you moving?

Sarah said...

Very cool Ash! I totally remember you tutoring him, you guys have been buddies for a long time!! What an awesome friendship:)

The Crazy Clawson's said...

ash i am dying that you still keep in contact with him... i totally remember him..that is so crazy....He was such a great kid....what a great person you are..