Sunday, June 22, 2008

Painting Fools

Here is my hunk of love spray painting for his first time. We had lots of projects to work on at my dad's shop over the weekend. My older brother Dustin makes some of the most amazing furniture you will ever see. With his help and my younger sister Jentry we were able to paint our bedroom dresser and end tables black and add some new silver handles. I have been in a great need for a change so just something simple like paint did that for me. The original color of wood was a light pine. I have had this furniture since I was in junior high/high school. So it's been around a long time. No need to get new when we still have 4 more years of school.
Todd and I working hard to help my brother get some furniture finished.
Here are our final master pieces. I am happy with the way they turned out. It seems like black furniture is really in lately. I can see why, it's very classy looking. I can't wait to move into our new place and have a fresh look in our bedroom. Change is always a good thing.

4 comments:

Caitilin said...

Ashley!! Hey, it's Caitilin (Curran) Summerhays - man, it's been a while! Looks like you two are quite busy - preparing for a big move! Ohio is not too far away from Charlotte, NC, where we're living!!

Christa said...

The furniture looks great!

Heather Ballard said...

Wow. That looks really good. It's amazing what you can do to something to change it.

Laura said...

Sweet job, glad you got Todd into it!